A Tour and Renovation Plans!
We have a whale of a tour for you today! Haha – get it? Mobi….a whale… 😉 We’ve had a few people ask how we picked the name Mobi. It wasn’t a super scientific process but his short and squatty stature made us think of the loveable sea creature who roams the ocean. Plus since it’s so mobile we thought Mobile Mobi fit the bill.
Ok moving on…hooray Friday! I am so excited to take you through a photo walk-through and give a rundown of the plans we have for our new little project. Come on inside and take a tour!
This shot looking back gives a pretty accurate picture of how much space we’re working with. The U shape dinette and the rotating table is handy since it lets us get in and out – I’m thinking we could fit at least 5 bodies back there for dinner and when it’s just us two we can stretch out our legs and lounge. Speaking of lounging, as with most RV’s, the table lowers to create a “bed”. We’re really excited about having a relaxing little area where we can chill out and unwind at the end of the day.
And here we have a full-monty panorama shot looking towards the cab. This probably gives you the best idea of how the layout works. To the left of the fridge is the closet and to the right is the bathroom.
Coming up next is the spacious closet. Seriously though, I’m shocked at the amount of storage in this tiny little space.
And here is the lovely wet bath.
Towards the beginning of our motorhome search, having a separate shower was a huge concern of mine. It wasn’t until I saw wet baths were more common in the small spaces that I started warming up to the idea. I did a bit of research on living with one and found it didn’t seem to be as horrible as I first thought. Plus the space we’re saving is pretty significant so I think the trade-off is worth it.
The kitchen area!! Second to size of the RV, finding the perfect kitchen was the next factor in the search. I really love to cook and if anything I cook more now than when we lived in our old sticks and bricks house. Finding an area that would continue to be comfortable to prepare meals was huge.
Our current plan is to add two drop down sections on each side of the countertop so I can pop them up and have more space if needed. We’re also going to replace the sink with a single basin to create more counter space between the sink and the stove.
Look at the storage!!
Now on to the really fun stuff! Our renovation plans! I’ve been pinning my little heart out over on Pinterest to get my head around plans for the interior. Up front, I had a good idea of the direction I wanted to go in terms of the look and feel and what better way to organize all of your ideas in one place than Pinterest! If you’ve followed us for a while you probably remember I did something similar last year when we were renovating Lucille!
- Kitchen backsplash and faucet: I’m a sucker for a white subway tile backsplash. I’ve seriously considered going that route again but I think it would be nice to change it up and bit and try something different. I found these really great peel and stick metal tiles and I think they’ll be perfect. Our current kitchen faucet is such a delight that I wanted something very similar and found this gorgeous one in black. The high springy arch makes doing dishes a breeze and since it’s hand wash city around these RV parts it is totally worth the splurge.
- Plants: It’s no secret that plants are really important to me for our home on wheels. I think they add so much beauty to your space and they’re supposed to make your air clean right? Win win! I found this cool idea and want to do some sort of wall mount to keep plants secure while we travel.
- Bedding: Since our sleeping quarters will be visible at all times I’m on the hunt for something awesome. I’m really digging this print right now!
- Cabinets: Swoon. This kitchen gives me all the feels. We love the decision we made to paint Lucille’s cabinets white. It really lightened up the whole space and they have held up great. We still plan to keep the uppers light and breezy but I’m feeling something a bit more dramatic for the lower cabinets.
- Countertop and Cabinet Pulls: I’m craving a little more warmth this time around and since the countertop needs to be replaced we’re going to go with a walnut butcher block. I found these gold pulls and think they’ll be perfect. They’re recessed which translates to us not getting hung on them while walking by in the more narrow hallway.
- Stovetop: When Vintage Revivals was doing the Nugget Renovation I had a blast seeing how someone who traditionally renovates homes took on a travel trailer remodel. The way it turned out was so lovely and when I saw her idea of powder coating the stove top I stored it in my brain for the day that we may have a future project.
- Colors: I’ve had a thing for Kilim for a while. I found this awesome pillow cover on Etsy and scooped it up since it was the only one. We aren’t really planning on a specific color palette, just a fun mix of warm tones.
- Flooring: Our vinyl plank flooring has worked out great! It’s so nice to not have any carpet since our hairy beasts like to shed a lot. We’re going the same route again only in a lighter shade!
And there you have it! What we’re starting with and a pretty good look into our renovation brain. It’s so nice to have a really solid thought foundation to build on before tackling a new project.
We can’t wait to get started!